On behalf of work package 6, from 2018 to 2019 the Greek Joint Action Project A.R.I.S. has been presented in scientific events with the main audience of target group, psychiatrists, neurologists and mental health care professionals working on long term units.
- The 11th Panhellenic Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease and 3rd Mediterranean Conference on Neurodegenerative disease was held in Thessaloniki on 14-17/02/2019,
- the “Long term care school” was held in Athens on 27/03/2019,
- the “Greek Act on Dementia meeting ” on 20/09/2019,
- the “26th and 27th National Congress of the “Hellenic Psychiatric on Association on 17-20/05/2018 and 18-21/04/2019,
- the 3rd and 4th training meeting of the Hellenic Psychogeriatric Association (HPA) and under the responsibility of the Greek Join Action Group,
- the National Society of Nursing Homes, the Hellenic Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology (www.gerontology.gr),
- the “Hellenic Psychogeriatric Association (www.hellenicpa.gr) and the Hellenic Psychiatric Association”(www.psych.gr).
Furthermore, through the official sites of the scientific organizations and the social media the actions has been also disseminated. In all the events the A.R.I.S has been presented from people involved in the project focused on the acquired experience of Residents with Dementia (RWD) personalized care, the appropriate use of antipsychotic and other psychotropic medications.
Finally the results of the implementation process has been presented. These constructive meetings leaded to an initiative for the development of national recommendations and adoption statements from the nursing homes has been proposed, such as BPSD indications, length of use, low dosage, use of one antipsychotic medication and the adoption of personalized care. Furthermore, It was decided further specific actions through an effective nursing home network and an effective nurses ICT training program based on the collaboration with stakeholders in a national level.